Support Volunteer Charter
C.H.P.G. MONACO SUPPORT VOLUNTEER CHARTER
Day Hospital : Doctor GARNIER (Head of Department)
Internal Medicine : Doctor TAILLAN
A visit by a volunteer is a non-professional activity based on a contract implied in fact between one individual who freely agrees to make some of his/her free time and listening skills available, and another individual demonstrating the need for support and company.
The support volunteers working for the Association “ECOUTE CANCER RECONFORT” agree:
- To be lenient and lucid and to have a good understanding of themselves.
- To work in cooperation with the team of doctors and nurses, accompanying relatives and the patient.
- To act with respect for the convictions and opinions of each individual, not to represent any religion.
- Not to intervene in medical, parmedical or administrative matters. Any such action is prohibited.
- To respect the confidentiality of information that may come their way concerning the establishment, staff and the individual him/herself. A support volunteer who gives out information pertaining to a patient or information overheard within the department shall be expelled from the team.
- To be tactful and never to ask personal questions.
- To leave the room as soon as a doctor or nurse arrives.
- To create a climate of trust and a restful environment, by adopting a calm and relaxed attitude and by remaining impartial.
- To let the patient express him/herself and not to monopolise the conversation.
- To know how to modulate the length of the visit so as not to tire the patient.
- To remain a volunteer and not create too many emotional ties.
- Should a patient not wish to continue the conversation, to know how to retreat quietly without feeling that the situation is a personal failure.
- Visits in pairs are compulsory.
- No judgements are to be made between volunteers.
- To take part in the various training sessions on a compulsory basis.
- To take part in the Association’s leisure events (afternoon snacks, lectures, outings, dinners).
- To have finished his/her treatment.
The action carried out by support volunteers at the hospital is collective charitable action organised by Ecoute Cancer Réconfort. The quality of such action is guaranteed by the following commitments:
- The Association signing the charter selects the volunteers it appoints
- The Association decides when visits begin
- It gives the volunteers the necessary understanding and provides continuous psychological training
- It monitors and supervises the teams
- It ensures regularity and continuity in all planned undertakings
ANYONE WHO FAILS TO OBSERVE ONE OF THE POINTS IN THIS CHARTER SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED.
« A patient has the right to protect his/her private life »
Become a volonteer
Volunteering is a commitment, a well-thought-out decision, a desire which matures deep within you, and which one day takes on a special meaning. (more…)
A healing weekend in Saint Dalmas de Tende22 June 2022
A healing weekend took place from June 17th to June19th in Saint Dalmas de Tende on Self-esteem and Self-welcoming. Through out sensorial movements and therapy dance of the 5 elements, Fabienne LEDUC made our body travel to bring awareness and wellbeing. These postures anchored in the present and self-presence resulted by joy and acceptance of ourselves, the faces lid up, the bodies let go and were relaxed. Participants regained their freedom, movement, and their creativity. A breath of fresh air in the everyday life allowed them to express themselves, exchange, motivate and link together.Read article
Mars bleu 20223 March 2022
Mars Bleu 2022 est le mois du dépistage du cancer colorectal, le 3e cancer le plus fréquent et le 2e cancer le plus meurtrier en France, selon les chiffres de l'Institut National du Cancer. Chaque année, près de 45 000 hommes et femmes sont concernés et près de 18 000 personnes en décèdent. Les plus de 50 ans sont les plus touchés. Au cours de sa vie, 1 personne sur 30 y sera confrontée. Détecté tôt, il peut être guéri dans 90% des cas. En savoir plusRead article
Atelier maquillage 202222 February 2022
Hier lundi 21 février 2022, un atelier maquillage a eu lieu à l'Espace Mieux-Etre. Cet atelier de maquillage offert par Élodie de Precious Home Monaco qui prodigue de nombreux conseils aux patientes permet de retrouver son image et de reprendre goût à s'occuper de soi. Un regard illuminé, une belle image de soi redonnent moral et bonne humeur.Read article